Please join us in celebrating the nine Chadwick seniors who have moved on to semifinalist status in the National Merit Scholarship program.
The mission of the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) is to recognize and honor academically talented high-school students in the United States.
National Merit Scholar Semifinalists
- Ethan Farah
- Hope Galusha
- Kiley Keating
- Austin Kim
- Jordan Lee
- Simone Michels
- Cooper Saye
- Archer Suh
- Zacharia (Zak) Willoughby
According to the NMSC:
- Approximately 1.5 million students enter the program each year.
- Approximately 16,000 students (one-third of the 50,000 high scorers in the nation) were notified this week that they qualified as semifinalists.
- To ensure that academically talented young people from all parts of the United States are included in this talent pool, semifinalists are designated on a state-representational basis.
- Semifinalists are the highest-scoring entrants in each state.
- Qualifying scores vary from state to state and from year to year, but the scores of all semifinalists are extremely high. California typically ties for or has the highest cut-off score among the states.
We are extremely proud of our students' performance, especially given the challenges of the last two academic years. Go Dolphins!