Our founder, Margaret Chadwick, believed all children deserve an exceptional education, regardless of race, religion or socio-economic status.
To make Chadwick accessible to the best and brightest students from all backgrounds, we offer tuition and financial assistance where possible at each grade level. Our Financial Aid program is robust, and we’re dedicated to extending opportunities for qualified students.
Financial Aid Estimator
Use the prompts below to estimate your tuition payment.
21% of students receive financial aid with an average award of $31,000. More than half of these students receive an award in excess of 75% of full tuition.
The Financial Aid budget for tuition and supplemental support is more than $6,350,000 each year.
More than 5% of FA budget is earmarked for supplemental support (including buses, textbooks, technology, global programs, and athletics).
Applying for Financial Aid
The Chadwick School Financial Aid Program is designed to make a Chadwick education possible for all families based on demonstrated financial need and the availability of funds. Chadwick is proud to use Clarity to determine a family’s level of financial need based on the information that the family shares in the application, which includes assets, income, expenses and debts.
- To get started with your financial aid application, please go to Clarity and create an account.
- The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete and is mobile-friendly, so you can complete it from anywhere. You are also able to save your progress and return at any time.
- At the end of the application, there is a $55 fee to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity Application for no additional charge. Simply use the dropdown menu in the application to select those schools.
- The deadline for completing the financial aid application including relevant supplemental documents is Dec. 15, 2022, for returning families and Jan. 15, 2023, for new families.
- If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available, email support at firstname.lastname@example.org in both English and Spanish, or you are welcome to contact Chadwick’s Director of Financial Aid at email@example.com.
Click the button below to apply through the Clarity application platform.
Chadwick offers qualifying, interested and motivated students in grades 7-12 the opportunity to apply for scholarship funds to help cover the costs to attend Chadwick School.
MacFarlane Leadership Scholarship (Grade Nine)
A need-based scholarship, awarded to incoming ninth-graders who demonstrate high academic achievement, leadership or leadership potential and/or have shown outstanding character.
Malone Scholarship (Grades 7-12)
Available annually to excellent students with demonstrated financial need.
UniHealth Grant (Grade Nine)
This grant allows Chadwick to support newly admitted need-based ninth-grade students during their first year and assist in acclimating to the educational program and the broader culture of Chadwick.
Supplemental Financial Support
Recognizing that the costs of a stellar education extend beyond tuition, Chadwick's Supplemental Assistance Program devotes more than 5% of the Financial Aid budget to assist families with expenses.This support allows eligible students and families to participate in all aspects of school life.
Some of those costs can include bus transportation to and from Chadwick, textbooks and AP® testing fees, laptops and calculators, specialized equipment for the Outdoor Education Program and trips through our Global Programs.
Financial Aid Application Timeline
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is financial aid considered a loan that requires repayment?
- If I qualify this year, do I need to re-apply in the future?
- Is my financial aid award only given for one year?
- If I think I earn too much to qualify, should I still apply?
- If I believe that my family's financial situation is not adequately represented in the application, what should I do?
- Why did Chadwick choose Clarity as their application provider?
Is financial aid considered a loan that requires repayment?
If I qualify this year, do I need to re-apply in the future?
Is my financial aid award only given for one year?
If I think I earn too much to qualify, should I still apply?
If I believe that my family's financial situation is not adequately represented in the application, what should I do?
Why did Chadwick choose Clarity as their application provider?
For questions, please contact Director of Financial Aid James Eberhart: